Many parents want to design their baby's room themselves and that is fine, but the process can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many things on the market, which can make it difficult.
In this expert's guide we share the benefits of hiring an interior designer, to design your baby's nursery, playroom or child's room.
Why should I hire a Nursery Interior Designer and not just any Interior Designer?
A Nursery Interior Designer will know the safety standards of a baby/child's room and will help you decide on the safest decor, paint, wallpaper and furniture for your little one's room. If you have recently moved home and you have hired an interior designer, we strongly recommend hiring a nursery interior designer for your child's room. Both designers will work together to achieve your vision of a perfect home.
Benefits of Hiring a Nursery Interior Designer:
- They are more knowledgeable - Interior designers have studied about the field an that is already enough reason to trust them on interior design matters. They have the know-hows and the skills on what to do with your home. You can tell them what you want and they can help you achieve a beautiful home interior.
- It can save your time - Decorating and choosing products takes time sometimes hours, weeks or even month. When you have a career and you have little time left for designing a new baby's room or redecorating an existing room, an interior designer will be a wise choice. It can surely save your time for thinking on what is the best thing to do with your little one's room.
- They know colour - Most people only know white, cream and other light colours that are usually used for the interior. Colour plays an important rule in your child's development. If you consult an interior designer, you will be surprised on how they can play with a variety of colours making the room look so lively.
- They know the best Tradesmen - Do you need a door removed or added? A carpet changed? An interior designer will have trusted tradesman that can do this for you, to the best standards. Interior designers normally work with same tradesmen team to make sure they deliver the best in each project.
- Detail Oriented - Interior designers are detail oriented and look into every detail of the design. They consider functionality as well as aesthetics. They will be able to add a lot of stuff that is far from your imagination lightnings, furnishings, accessories and all the other details of your interior.
- They know Quality - Do you know what kind of wood and paint your baby furniture should have? A Nursery Interior designer will source your products and ensure you are getting them at the right prices/quality.
- Safety standards - A Nursery interior designer will know the baby's furniture safety standards.
- They know what you really need - A Nursery interior designer will know exactly what you need in the nursery as well as in your room for the baby's arrival. They will have a list of a nursery essentials and will only make you purchase what is required.
At The Baby Cot shop we offer two interior design services
In home consultation
Physical mood board showing the design
Fabric & Paint Samples
Supply of tradesmen
Full project management
Styling & fitting the space
Flat fee £1595 per room plus travel expenses.
- Project Management fee equivalent to 10% of project
Floor plan showing the layout of the room
Virtual Creative Mood board Showing Colours & Furnishings
Shopping list of furniture & decor
Flat Rate of £700 per room, plus delivery costs, curtain fitting and anything outside the scope.